Friday, July 10, 2009

Out for a Stroll

Another day, another record set. This time during her afternoon physical therapy session.

Her previous walking distance was 5 to 10 feet. Today she did two "excursions", one was 26 feet and her next was 22 feet. The longer one was with a walker that has a support piece for her right arm. For the shorter walk she used a "half walker" that just has support for her "good" side. She did pretty well with both. As her walking skills improve the therapist will decide which support device will be best for her.

Bettie's grandchildren Jonny and Jordi, watched the walking session. In fact, Jordi recorded it on her cell phone camera. If she is successful in getting that downloaded and sent off to uncle Steve (our blog/web producer), you will see the event here.

During the morning visit she took another excursion, but this one was riding as I was allowed to take her outside in the wheelchair. We went all the way around the block. The sun felt good after over two weeks in a hospital room.

On my way out, after the morning visit, I ran into pastor Art Palecek who had come for a visit. I'm glad to have her seeing as many visitors as possible, to enhance those communication skills, such as they are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dick, this is Vicki Biltz here. I am so glad I found this blog, it will keep me up to date on Bettie's progress. Let her know she is in our prayers.
    Maybe she would be up to company later this week?
    Maybe I could come over Thursday afternoon, or Tuesday, let me know...

    253-241-6010
    my cell, feel free to call!
    Be Blessed,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete