Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh No...Another Commercial (or 2)

Without going into a long medical history here, I'll just say that the events leading up to this clot/stroke event included numerous appointments with various practitioners of the medical arts, and even a couple of ER visits. After awhile, one gets a sort of stereotypical picture in mind when the term "medical" is even mentioned. For any one practitioner or facility to stand out from the rest, they have to be something quite extraordinary. One of them is.

Highline Medical Center was the care provider for Bettie's first nine days, and they were simply the best we could have hoped for.
  • The physical facilities (which, like all hospitals in the world, I think, are still under construction/expansion) are impeccably maintained, clean and efficient. Even bordering on luxurious in some respects.
  • Parking is convenient and free.
  • They have state-of-the-art equipment and procedures. (Bettie came here in the first place because it was one of few places that had the equipment and know-how to do what she needed to have done.)
  • They have excellent food, delivered hot and on time. Something even some restaurants struggle with.
  • And the staff. What can I say? They were simply outstanding. I tried, in my last few minutes before Bettie checked out, to get around to as many of them as possible and thank them for their role in her care. And "Care" is the accurate term here...they obviously do. From the professional physicians and nurses, to the various assistants, even the volunteers. My hat's off to them all.

So my advice to you, should you find yourself staring up into the face of a 911 responder some day, is to croak out: "Take me to Highline!"

_____________________________

And now, for the other "commercial" mention: I want to thank the wonderful people at i1010 Communications for, among other things, helping me create this blog. Within minutes of the first alarm going out about Bettie, plans were made to fly their entire staff in from San Francisco.

OK, OK ... so i1010 is just my son Steve and his one-man web agency (and his contractors). But what kind of a dad wouldn't put in a plug for such a helpful a son. Reluctantly, I have to take him to the airport this morning so he can get back to earning a living. He will still be my faithful editor though, ("Hey Dad, did you forget to run spell-check ... again?") making me look like I can actually write.

So if you, or anyone you know, needs help with a web project of any size, Steve at i1010 Communications should be your go-to guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment