Friday, June 26, 2009

Why Me? Why Not!

I remember thinking, while on the way to the hospital the day this happened, how unfair for this to happen to Bettie. "She is so much better a person than I am ... it should be me, not her". But of course, it is happening to me, to us, to all of us.

I think I've concluded that making sense of tragedy is mostly futile. None of us deserve it, or maybe we all do, I don't know. I do know, or at least I'm beginning to understand, that the best we can do is see what can come of it; what can I learn; what can I pick up and pass on to others..?

The real tragedy would be to travel the entire road, whatever it turns out to be, and not scatter some bread crumbs along the way for the next person who might venture into this wilderness.

Feel free to follow my crumbs if you like. Otherwise, just check out the latest post.

2 comments:

  1. Dick,

    I was given a link to this blog through Tim and Veronica (my family attends Eastridge). I have kept a blog myself over the past year due to some health issues and I know how much I appreciate comments posted on my blog, so I thought I'd post a comment here. I want you to know that your words have really touched me. I am lifting you and your family up in prayer. The words of Zephaniah 3:17 have helped me through my own ordeal, may they bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zephaniah 3:17 reads: "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."
    Thank you Jennifer...and of course Zephaniah too.

    ReplyDelete