Monday, June 29, 2009

To Pray for Bettie, Click Here

I know many of you following Bettie's progress are people of faith. I can't count the number of "Our thoughts and prayers are with you..." messages the family has received in comments here, e-mails, and directly. They mean a lot...really.

However, if you are not a person of faith, I'm going to have my son Steve, insert a "Pray for Bettie" button on the blog, so you can just click it occasionally and feel good. Huh? Oh, sorry. Steve says he can't do that. I guess we'll have to just do it the old fashioned way.

Seriously though, for those of you who are praying, I'd like to share some specific things that are on my heart that you could lift up:
  • Number one on the family's mind is to pray for peace in Bettie's mind. The hardest part of every day, is leaving her bedside. We usually wait until she is asleep to slip away. Then we wonder, "Did she wake up and find no one there, is she afraid, confused, lonely, wondering why we have abandoned her?" You can imagine the state these thoughts can put you in. We want to know that she is at peace with it all.
  • The family needs that same peace...to know that she is OK, when we can't be there. Especially mention our son Rick, who works in Las Vegas, and can't be here with his mother, where his heart is.
  • Please include Dr Aaron Heide in your prayers. He works tirelessly with stroke patients all over the Puget Sound area, at great personal sacrifice. He has seen Bettie every day, weekends included, sharing his professionalism...and his heart.

Of course, the God we love and serve can do anything, we know that. It goes without saying that we would love to have her just come home, whole and well today. Nothing wrong with praying for that. But while we await that event, we are looking for (and already seeing, here and there) the promise that "All things work together for good to them that love God..." (Rom 8:28) Pray that this promise will yeild much fruit. Think of the thrill Bettie will have, when all the good that has come from her trial is revealed to her.

2 comments:

  1. Passing on an email I received today from a friend at church that is going through her own health trial.

    "I have to say I am enjoying Bettie's Challenge...It has encouraged me so much!! Please give Dick and Bettie a hug from me...tell them thank you!! Much love! C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed...God is good. I am praying for Bettie and you all, and especially that every day we get continuing reports of answers to prayer.
    Kathy Aitkins

    ReplyDelete