Monday, June 29, 2009

When Do We Eat?

Our trooper made some very meaningful progress this morning: She passed her swallowing test!

To be strictly accurate, the speech therapist, who administered the test, said she would tell Dr. Duncan the results and he would decide what to do with regard to the feeding tube issue. However, the secret that I didn't tell the therapist was that Dr. Duncan had been in earlier and he told me that he and I would decide together about the tube, after her test. I'm sure he will concur with me, that the tube is no longer required now.

I can hardly wait for my evening visit. I expect to be able to feed her myself, from a plate. Considering where we have been in the last week, I'm looking forward to this dinner more than the dinner we enjoyed together at Palisade on our 50th anniversary last month.

You'll excuse me if this report is brief, but I've got a dinner date to get ready for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment